After playing any game like,mohaa,everquest,game shuts down and computer goes desktop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mcduke, May 8, 2006.

1. mcduke

mcduke Corporal

The computer system is an MSI via chipset motherboard with athlon xp 3200 cpu, two 256 memory sticks, a radeon 9800 pro video.
    I know the problem is not the power supply, video card ,and it's not the memory sticks. And the amount of time I'm playing doesn't seem to be a factor either. The game shuts down and the computer goes to desktop anyware form a few minutes of playing to 1 hour of playing. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. THanks

2. kjanz

kjanz Corporal

increase the cooling of the harddrive, cpu and case . i know some gamers, open the case up, run a box fan into the case while playing.

seems to work for them.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds