LapTop wont turn on?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JillK, Sep 18, 2006.

1. JillK

JillK Private E-2

Hi,
    My laptop was running just fine. No error messages at all. After not using it for a few days I went to turn it on and it wont turn on. If you hit the button on the side it says the battery is 100% charged, I tried a new adapter NO LUCK.

Could the problem be it needs a new battery even though the it says its 100% charged or could it possibly be the motherboard? I also tried hitting the reset button. No Luck Of Course.

Any thoughts?

Jill

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Most laptops will run without the battery attached ....could you tell us the make and model?

3. JillK

JillK Private E-2

Thanks for your reply. Its a It's a Compaq Presario.

Jill

4. TimW

Which series?

5. JillK

JillK Private E-2

Its a 2200

6. TimW

Have you tried removing the battery, unhooking the ac adaptor and holding the power button for about 10 sec .....then try rebooting with just the adapter?

7. JillK

JillK Private E-2

Yes I have done that twice with No Luck. Any other thoughts?

Jill

8. TimW

You could try replacing the cmos battery ...hard to get at ...think its under your modem card ....can'tthink of anything else ...they had a lot of power issues with those computers.

9. rmruk

rmruk Private E-2

Does the fan come on? Any lights?

10. Banacek

Banacek Private E-2

My cousins Sony Vaio woudn't boot and it was one of the ram cards that was faulty. Removed it and booted up as normal. Worth a try!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds