Speakers making low tone rumble

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by aTa, Nov 28, 2008.

1. aTa

aTa Private E-2

Hi there, I'm having an issue with my speakers that appears to be situational though I do not know as to why.

The problem I have is when my speakers are one, I hear a low tone noise that is irritating to me. I believe it is coming from my sub, and when I turn my speakers off it stops.

Is there a way of minimizing this effect or completely removing it? I know it is possible for it to not happen, I just don't know how.

Thanks.

2. buggabear

buggabear MajorGeek

It sounds like it could be a voltage buzz from the speaker itself or or a grounding issue with your connection to the speaker output to your computer. If it's from the speaker check the power cord and make sure there are no frays in the wire and all the plugs are tightly connected. If it's a grounding issue to the computer again make sure the plug to the speaker is snugly in the computer. You can also try to plug the power source into another outlet. Check your sound card to make sure it is snugly seated in the computer. lastly if the buzzing continues try to plug the speakers into another computer just to see if you get the same noise.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds