Fary Cry 2 Cheats

Discussion in 'Software' started by Manwhoknowsnothing, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Manwhoknowsnothing

Manwhoknowsnothing Private E-2

I have been trying to get cheats working on Farcry 2 v. 1.03 however I have come to no avail. Perhaps I am misinterpreting the instructions. Is the "parameter" the thing that pops up when you hit the little command button in the second to top left row of your keyboard? If not then what is the "parameter"?

Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
  2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Wont go into the values of not cheating in games, as I know its great to be able to get through some levels and see how the games unfolds, so and not having FarCry 2 (only have the original) but reading into this what you need to do is to Right Click the shortcut to the game and choose properties

Then in the Target box at the end of the games code say and this one is just my code for Steam and Modern Warfare 2 but it will give you an idea I hope is then the code here is the location of the game "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe" you enter after the last " the line -GameProfile_GodMode 1 so you gain "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe" -GameProfile_GodMode 1 which gives you God Mode and just change the text after the " for the cheat you wish to use.

*do remember the shortcut link is mine from Modern Warfare 2 so dont use it as it wont work, just gave it as an example*

3. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

I don't have the game either, but I also did some reading up on it... and I am now interested. :)

(This is by the way why PC games remain superior. Add a parameter, hit a few keys in-game... presto! New game experience.:) )

Oh, and the parameter is the part you add to the shortcut, like Halo posted. In his example -GameProfile_GodMode 1 is the parameter. -GameProfile_UnlimitedAmmo 1 is another parameter Far Cry 2 accepts, and a personal favorite of mine in PC shooters. :guns LOL

Or were you interested in the in-game cheats, like increasing or decreasng speed, toggle invincibility, warp to spawn points et cetera?

4. sexyandy81

sexyandy81 MajorGeek

5. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

Thanks andy! :)

The site I found that listed everything offered free downloads of Far cry 2... and I didn't want to link to something like that from MGs. It did list some additional info that's not on the cheatcc page you found, so I'll just copy-paste that in here.

Parameters, ahoy! :)

God mode: -GameProfile_GodMode 1

Skip introduction sequence: -GameProfile_SkipIntroMovies 1

Unlimited ammunition: -GameProfile_UnlimitedAmmo 1

Weapons never jam: -GameProfile_UnlimitedReliability 1

Unlock all weapons for current area: -GameProfile_AllWeaponsUnlock 1

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds