Stop Error

Discussion in 'Software' started by JBShandrew, Jun 7, 2004.

1. JBShandrew

JBShandrew Private E-2

Has anyone had this error before? If so what did you do to solve it. I checked with Microsofts KB and only found simular errors, but not this exact one. STOP: 0x0000001E, (0x0000006,0x804E97A6,0x00000000,0x0025A5C1D)

2. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

What OS are you using, and when do you get this STOP error. Some specs for the machine would be good too.

It might be a 3rd party stop error... what software do you have running when you get this error?

3. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Ok, here is some info on generic 0x1E errors:

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/...Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prmd_stp_oweb.asp

* Stop 0x1E messages typically occur after installing faulty drivers or system services, or they can indicate hardware problems, such as memory and IRQ conflicts. If a Stop message lists a driver by name, disable, remove, or roll it back to correct the problem. If disabling or removing applications and drivers resolves the issue, contact the hardware manufacturer about a possible update. Using updated software is especially important for multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, and CD mastering tools.
    * If the Stop message mentions the file Win32k.sys, the source of the error might be a third-party "remote control" program. If such software is installed, you might be able to disable it by starting the system in safe mode. If not, use Recovery Console to manually delete the system service file that is causing the problem. For more information about safe mode and Recovery Console, see "Tools for Troubleshooting" in this book.
    * Problems can result from system firmware incompatibilities. Many Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) issues can be resolved by updating to the latest firmware.
    * Other possible causes include insufficient disk space while installing applications or performing certain functions that require more memory. You can free up space by deleting unneeded files. Use Disk Cleanup to increase available disk space. From Recovery Console, remove temporary files (those with .tmp file extensions), Internet cache files, application backup files, and .tmp files generated by Chkdsk.exe or Autochk.exe. You can also choose to install additional applications to another hard disk with more free space or move data files, paging files, and so on. For more information about Autochk.exe and Chkdsk.exe, see "Troubleshooting Disks and File Systems" in this book.
    * The problem might be due to a memory leak caused by an application or service that is not releasing memory correctly. Poolmon (Poolmon.exe) helps you to isolate the components that are causing kernel memory leaks. For more information about troubleshooting memory leaks, see Microsoft Knowledgebase articles 177415, "How to Use Poolmon to Troubleshoot Kernel Mode Memory Leaks," and 298102, "Finding Pool Tags Used by Third Party Files Without Using the Debugger." To find these articles, see the Microsoft Knowledge Base link on the Web Resources page at http://www.microsoft.com/windows/reskits/webresources.

Also, check here for some info on dealing with STOP errors : http://www.microsoft.com/resources/...Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prmd_stp_hyzf.asp

From this, I'll hazard a guess: you installed any new drivers recently?

4. JBShandrew

JBShandrew Private E-2

Thank you, for the replys. What I did before this happened is, I installed a promise Ultra ATA /133 Controller card, at the same time I was installing and formating a new Maxtor 80G HD. I took out the controller card, formatted the HD, installed Win2kP, then installed all of the MSI Drivers, and NVida drivers, updated the service pack, then installed the Promise card, after rebooting the machine.

So far, so good. aparently it is not a good idea to install more than one new thing at a time.

5. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

JBS, Computer HIV " We never believe it's gonna happen to us!":D Bazza.

PS: We all do it at some time or other. Baz

===

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds