Problems! WinXP and access problems.

Discussion in 'Software' started by PhoenixRising, Dec 28, 2005.

1. PhoenixRising

PhoenixRising Private E-2

Hey guys,

So here is the problem - i have WinXP and i was trying to install F.E.A.R recently - i get this error message on this 5th install disc saying that it cannot access monolith productions - access denied and it exits the freaking install. I called up VU and they told me there is a problem with my admistrator account - they proved this to me by having me open the c drive and by going to documents and settings then all users then to try to open the documents folder - it tells me access denied and it shouldnt because i am the administrator :mad: . Can you tell me how to fix this problem or what might be causing it? I have never had this issue before. Thanks for the help!

2. theefool

theefool Geekified

Welcome to Major Geeks!

XP home or PRO?

If pro, make sure that you have proper permissions to the folder.

If Home, reboot into safe mode, then log in as administrator and then change permissions.

On both accounts, make sure that (within explorer) "Use Simple File Sharing" is unchecked. This can be located within the "Tools" menu, then Folder options, then the "VIEW" tab.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308419&sd=tech <--- info on setting permissions....

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds