Factory reset my laptop and now i can't connect to the internet?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DamoWain, Jan 21, 2011.

1. DamoWain

DamoWain Private E-2

H, I have a toshiba satellite just been factory reset and now it doesn't connect to the internet. Other laptops are fine and can connect. It is wireless broadband i use. Its just not finding any networks whatsoever. OS is windows 7, Not sure what is going on was fine before i reset. Any help plz ?

2. GCWesq

GCWesq MajorGeek

Assuming you have a USB internet adapter, check your USB devices under Device Manager - any yellow or red "!" or "?"? Try uninstalling your USB devices anyway and reboot.

3. DamoWain

DamoWain Private E-2

Hi thanks for the reply I managed to sort it, after the reset it had deleted some of the wireless drivers for some reason so I had to install them. Still having a few problems but this is for another section so thanks.

4. GCWesq

GCWesq MajorGeek

Glad you got it sorted. Thanks for the feedback. :)

5. handygal

handygal First Sergeant

It deleted all of the drivers.

In the Device Manager, go through ever item that has a mark over it - yellow or red - and load the newest drivers for them. That will likely solve many of the problems you are trying to sort out. It's to be expected when you reformat.

6. handygal

handygal First Sergeant

I just put together this thread and your new one. Let's wait for the drivers until we see if we can get this computer on the internet quickly. It will make downloading the other drivers easier.

7. Rolo2209

Rolo2209 Private E-2

I have the exact same problem with my old laptop now my mothers, i restored it to factory settings and now it wont connect, how do i reinstall the wireless settings it removed? would be a big help!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds