Search Engine

Discussion in 'Software' started by case, Aug 9, 2007.

1. case

case Private E-2

First time posting here. Didn't see a conference that would fit this question. Probably a basic question, but I don't know the answer.

On the computer I use at work, when I type in a word in the Google search box, a list of previous search words appear. This saves me time, as i don't have to type them again.

At home this doesn't happen on my computer. How can I activate this service? Thanks.

2. bjgarrick

bjgarrick MajorGeeks Admin - Malware Expert

This feature is called "AutoComplete".

If you have Internet Explorer 6 then follow the below...
    1. On the Internet Explorer Tools menu, click Internet Options.
    2. In the Internet Options box, click the Content tab, and click the AutoComplete button. The AutoComplete Settings box will appear.
    3. To turn AutoComplete on, click the boxes next to the types of information you want AutoComplete to remember.
      • For example, you can click the "Web addresses" box if you want AutoComplete to find quick matches for the Web sites that you type into the Internet Explorer Address Bar.
    4. When you click an empty box, a check mark will appear to let you know that you have chosen to have AutoComplete remember that type of information.
    5. If you don't want AutoComplete to remember user names and passwords, you can uncheck the box for User names and passwords on forms
    6. Clicking a box that already has a check mark in it will clear the box.

If you have Internet Explorer 7 then follow the below...
    1. On the Internet Explorer Tools menu, click Internet Options.
    2. In the Internet Options box, click the Content tab, and click the Settings button under the "AutoComplete" section.
    3. To turn AutoComplete on, click the boxes next to the types of information you want AutoComplete to remember.
    4. When you click an empty box, a check mark will appear to let you know that you have chosen to have AutoComplete remember that type of information.
    5. If you don't want AutoComplete to remember user names and passwords, you can uncheck the box for User names and passwords on forms
    6. Clicking a box that already has a check mark in it will clear the box.

3. case

case Private E-2

Thank you very much!!:)

4. bjgarrick

bjgarrick MajorGeeks Admin - Malware Expert

Your Welcome!:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds