any possible way of ics with dead ethernet port?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Auto123, May 12, 2008.

1. Auto123

Auto123 Private E-2

hi, me again. this is my other situation, I have an imac g3 (graphite) special edition with panther. the computer has a top of the line (from then) 700 mhz g3 powerpc processor and runs great! but one problem, it is far away from my cable modem and it sits next to a dell with wireless down in my basement. it would've been an easy set up but I found out that the imacs ethernet port was dead. if it were like a normal computer it would've been no big deal, just replace the piece but the imac is an old all in one which would make replacing the ethernet impossible. so is it possible to share internet through a phone line? usb to usb?
    I have no money because I'm finding it impossible to get a job, so please help.
    thank you.

2. joelsz

joelsz First Sergeant

3. Auto123

Auto123 Private E-2

thanks for showing me those but I already had some other usb wireless sticks in mind too. I have more than enough for them but I have a restriction that I cannot get past and that it is parents. they will not let me buy anything until I get a job (with this economy and turn of events I doubt that will be happening anytime soon) thanks anyway :(

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds