Anyone here have a mobile XP?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Evc31680, Aug 25, 2004.

1. Evc31680

Evc31680 Lou Ten-Ten

I got one and am loving it. I got a Mobile 2500+ and its running 2.4GHz on 1.725V, a 567MHz OC and my temps are as high as 41C with a 2800RPM fan on a SK-7 :D

2. ICeMaN

ICeMaN Master Sergeant

Good deal man, been thinking about one of those for a second machine... gotta see how it does in some benches though. Specifically Photoshop and Cinema4D. I'd prefer a P4 with hyper threading but that's too far outta range... was also considering a 64-bit AMD but none of that software would take advantage of the power that chip has, at least not until it's more or less mainstream. Good to see ya Eric :D

3. Evc31680

Evc31680 Lou Ten-Ten

They are definately worth the money, since they are pretty cheap... got mine for ~$80 brand new.

If I had those 2 progs Id see if I can get you scores, but I dont know how to use em :eek: (I have PS, not the other)

If you wanna build a good not so cheap/not a wallet killer, you should try it out, they OC like champs!

On a side note, do you play UT04 still or have you moved to something else?

4. ICeMaN

ICeMaN Master Sergeant

Yup, not as much as I used to though. I still keep my install as up to date as I can though. For a while it took a back burner to City of Heroes, been trying to balance both. COH is pretty damn kewl though :D

5. glennk721

glennk721 MajorGeek

Morning, If you want to do major muli tasking the P4 HT has 2 logical brains,,so It can deal with 2 HIGH priority Tasks.....,also the HT can be disabled to have full system capabilitys..

See with HT enabled on a 2.8mhz machine like mine ,,ONE major program can only max out at 1.4 mhz,,,,,50% of processor...

with the HT disabled can run One program at 2.8mhz,,,wide open, Glenn

6. glennk721

glennk721 MajorGeek

PS my PC is a laptop ....mobile intel P4

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds