My Rant

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by darlene1029, Aug 19, 2007.

1. darlene1029

darlene1029 A Grand Lady- R.I.P. 06/06/2012

I don't believe I have ranted before (in a thread anyway) I do moan and whine, anyway

I have mentioned before one of my grandsons used to do web sites. He thought he was missing out and went to Brooks Institute. His student loans were around 60K 90K with the interest and all. He has a job and pays out $1400 a month in student loans. We have offered to co-sign if he can find a better deal.
    Here's the bad - he talked to someone about a better loan who could not be of any help. My grandson asked if he could give him any suggestions as he was out of ideas. The SOB said, "yeah, kill yourself".
    How horrible is that?????? He won't tell his mother who it was, I'm hoping I can pull it out of him when he's not expecting it. Now what if this guy was talking to some kid who was at his wits end and unstable, it just might sound like a good idea. I can not believe that, I'm even to angry to cry.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Great advice that is!!!!! as you say what if the debt from the loans were making him/anyone depressed then that wonderful advice may just be the trigger to push you over the final step!

Definatly need to find out who it was and complain to their boss.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2007
  3. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Are you talking about a loan agent??? Omg...that's disgusting Darlene. I hope you find out who it is so you can report them. I'm sure the guy thought he was being funny, but that is one of the most inappropriate things I've heard.

4. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

It would seem the guy needs some counseling on how to communicate with people that's after he is sacked for incompetence then maybe he can look for a job more suited to his talents I.E. shovelling :crap[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

5. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

Sounds like someone needs to join the unemployment queue, and then see how 'funny' that kind of comment is. :mad.

Things are getting pretty bad over here, too. Education used to be free, apart from books and such. Now, it seems like mainly rich overseas students can afford higher education. If you or your family doesn't have a whole heap of cash handy, you can expect to spend the first few years of employment, paying out a large percentage of your income in loan repayments. It makes me wonder exactly what taxes are being used for, considering we have one of the highest taxation rates in western nations, not to mention good old G.S.T. (currently at 10%), etc., etc.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds