Kodo, or whoever -> File Folder ?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Iceburg, Dec 17, 2003.

1. Iceburg

Iceburg Private First Class

I have a Radeon 9800XT pro that I installed the drivers and such for and now everything I restart my computer there is the C:\Program Files\ATI file folder on the screen. I checked msconfig and nothing to do with it is there, I checked the HKCU/Software/windows/current version/run/run once/ and nothing is there. Anyone got any bright ideas?

2. Maxwell

Maxwell Folgers

Isn't this just placed there as part of your install? I get that and other things whenever I install an ATI device driver. You can just simply delete the short cut to the folder off your desktop

3. Iceburg

Iceburg Private First Class

There is not shortcut to it anywhere that I see. Anything else that comes to mind?

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

1. Does it happen in Safe Mode?

2. Does it happen in other user accounts?

5. Maxwell

Maxwell Folgers

You'd stated "C:\Program Files\ATI file folder on the screen" - does this not mean you saw a something your desktop with this or did you see this within Windows Explorer? Or did a Windows Explorer start-up with this folder displayed?

The first two are normal.

I would suggest using a start-up manager if it is the latter problem, for example: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=619

6. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

sounds like a run once registry deal..

for giggles, reinstall the drivers in hopes that what ever entry is "stuck" will be cleared.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds