Audio Problem!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Brusky, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Brusky

Brusky Private E-2

After installing all the drivers from the Motherboard CD everything was working fine. The audio seemed to be working like normal but after a while of listening to music or any other audio my sound just suddenly changes, and when i play any type of audio it sounds like there is some kind of high frequency playing in the background and the sound seems very high pitched/massive treble and whiney/scratchy ( hard to explain sounds very metally?) But this can be fixed by powering the computer off fully then turning it back on but after a little while of listening to any kind of audio im back to the massive treble/high frequency/whining sounding audio.

My OS:
    -Windows XP

Im using the integerated sound card (High Definition Audio) on my mobo:
    -MOBO: Nforce6M-A by ECS

Under Device Manager [Sound,Video, and game controller] i have listed:
    -Audio Codecs
    -IDT High Definition Audio CODEC (which i DLed from ECS website to see if this driver would fix the problem. If i use the driver from the MOBO CD it says SigmaTel instead of IDT)
    -Legacy Audio Drivers
    -Legacy Video Capture Devices
    -Media Control Devices
    -Video Codecs

Any Advice?

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

There are no " ? or ! " in front of anything?

3. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

Have you been to Microsoft Update site and gone to custom>>>>>hardware and noted if they have suggested any updates for any of your hardware? Sometimes they have newer or driver files that may not have been on your installation CD.

Also goto the mobo website and check for newer versions of drivers there (I would actually do this before MS).....see if that helps.

4. Brusky

Brusky Private E-2

There is none, it says everything is working fine.

and i already have tried the driver from ECS's website the only thing that changed was in device manager it changed the name of SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC to IDT High Definition Audio CODEC but i still have the same problem, i have also already searched microsoft and found no answers there

5. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

Okay something to consider, if any of the files were DL from a peer to peer process they maybe corrupted and have impairment within the file itself. Some Companies did flood Kazza with such files that would be 70-80% fine but have purposely corrupted sections.

Have you downloaded the "K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 3.5.7", imo probably not the problem but one of the best sources of codecs you can have;

http://www.majorgeeks.com/K-Lite_Mega_Codec_Pack_d5230.html

Have you checked the jacks onto your MOBO.....unplug and plug back in, both internal and externally. Also have you tried a different set of headphones to rule out a broken wire in your current set.

Not meaning to state the obvious just trying to rule them out.

6. Brusky

Brusky Private E-2

wut do u mean by internally?

7. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

Well, by internally I mean the jacks on the MOBO itself inside your case (internal) and the external jacks on the outside of the case, basically the pins on the MOBO.

8. Brusky

Brusky Private E-2

ic. Well i havnt wired the case's front panel audio port to the MOBO yet.

well i guess ill just call the manufacturer tomorrow if i cant find a solution tonight.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds