Using Linux

Discussion in 'Software' started by Tonyrush, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Tonyrush

Tonyrush Corporal

Does anyone know of a a web site that I can go to in order to find out how to use Linux better, as I am a beginner with it. Thanks

2. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

Well you can get a Linux Mint user guide from here:

http://www.linuxmint.com/download.php

Linux Mint 7 Gloria is the current "stable version" while 8 is (RC) basically in beta testing stages.

From the linux I have used so far it they are very straightforward and have most of the features you could want from an OS for a working system, not that great for gaming.

Linux Mint has media players as well so can play almost anything you want (Video and Audio).

3. loonacycle

loonacycle Private E-2

plenty of links on the web but to start look here...

http://www.searchlores.org/linux.htm

look for Rute book

check out TLDP

most peeps quit an go back to ezpeasy windows

now an then a peep does want to learn "linux" just not that often.

too many pseudo gurus pimping the fanboy flavor of the week

have phun

4. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

I'm a n00b as well trying to learn. Positive and encouraging inputs from your end will keep me/us motivated.
    Just a thought :)
    Cheers..

5. loonacycle

loonacycle Private E-2

6. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

It was also help if you mentioned the distro and version you are running. All distros are not the same.

7. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

I do suggest Linux Mint I mentioned above as I took it for a few hour spin yesterday and was very impressed.

8. HelpMeRt66

HelpMeRt66 Private E-2

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds