update for VIA S3G unichrome IGP driver-version 6.14.10.212

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Janet1, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Janet1

Janet1 Private E-2

VIA S3G unichrome IGP driver, version 6.14.10.212...Computer, pavillion a420a, Firefox browser. Windows XP...
    Having low resolution problems...
    After a lot of searching for an update of this driver, and downloading one that my computer won't recognise, I found this update of the same version, dated 08.
    I downloaded it and it came through as a 'zip' file. I have opened the file and its a conglomeration of many files.
    I clicked on the 'set-up' file which I thought would install the update but a message came up saying I needed the 'exe' file. I've looked for this particular file, and either I'm blind, !! but I can't see that particular one.
    Is there any particular place that the 'zip' files have to be dragged to to get them to download the update.
    I've never had an update that has come through as a 'zip' file.
    Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

2. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

3. Janet1

Janet1 Private E-2

I might have guessed I would get an answer from Major Geeks. You're the best.
    Many thanks, I'll give it a go. (I got the updated download from CNet, posted my query on their Forum but no one will answer, makes you wonder, considering the download is from their web site.)

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds