Unable to print using Canon PIXMA MP150

Discussion in 'Software' started by apaistone, Nov 21, 2007.

1. apaistone

apaistone Private E-2

Hi,

I've been having trouble with this problem for quite a bit, and after just living with it, I figured I'd give it a try to fix it. And I know that the people that read these thread are brilliant, so I thought I'd give it a shot.

I got this message: "One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it." when I tried to print one document using those printer. This is the sudden message I got from my computer. It has never been like that. Just recently and abruptly.

Thus, I tried to attach my thumbdrive into the USB ports to check whether the USB ports (6 of them) can detect my thumbdrive and the result still same with the USB printer cable that I attached earlier. What makes me think is my thumbdrive works just fine with other computers but not my own. I have six USB ports, two in front of the CPU (tower casing) and four at the back. All gave the same commands.

I tried to reinstall again the printer driver (Canon PIXMA MP150) that provided and the installation only successfully in the middle of the progress where when it comes to connect the printer USB cable, the above message appeared again and again. Previously there's no such case the first time I used it. I've been using it for the a year.

What's happening? What should I do?

Thanks ahead.

~Jay~

2. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

Perhaps it's just me, but I'm a bit confused by your comments. You tested all six USB ports with a flash drive, right? And, did that work or not?

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

4. apaistone

apaistone Private E-2

yes, its true dude...i already tried all the ports using the flash drive to check whether the ports can detect my drive or not n as a result the said message appeared..this not happened in my notebook and other pcs...so, i just wondering why all sudden happened..

hope it will answer u query...thanks for your concern dude...really appreciate that...

5. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

So, what's the status now? Did you visit the link Halo posted? Did you try advice given there?

6. apaistone

apaistone Private E-2

so sorry...late response..just came back to office...

erm, i do have a try using Halo link and yet still unable to print document..but my flash drive can be detected by the system now..dunno how to resolve this thing yet :cry

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds