Malware forum bump

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by silverking, Jun 25, 2009.

1. silverking

silverking Private E-2

I know it says don't bump threads in that so I am just wondering do they ignore some threads because the post or op seems stupid? Anyone recommend any other sites that are helpful like this one that can be trusted?

Thanks,

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

First off, we work from oldest to newest thread. And you just posted yesterday. We are currently about two days behind.

Second, when your post comes up in the work queue, you will be told to run the READ & RUN ME FIRST. Malware Removal Guide which you haven't done yet.

If you wish to pursue this else where. just let us know so our efforts are not wasted as we do this on a voluntary basis and our resources are limited.

3. silverking

silverking Private E-2

First off seems like maybe you need a vacation.

I read about how you guys do it, just did'nt realize how far along you are and afetr reading many pages of posts I saw some that had no answers at all so I was just wondering.

As far as the read and run me first guide thats what I have been doing and got stuck so I posted. I have no problem waiting and appreciate your response and any help I may receive. I have been using this site for a couple years now and never have had to post for help because of all the excellent info in sticky's and all the posts of people that got help.

Anyways, thanks, now I understand.

4. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Then just continue on with the instructions. We need to see any logs you can generate.

If I sounded harsh, forgive me. Bad day.

5. silverking

silverking Private E-2

No worries, you just sound like you are fedup with stupid people who probably cause most of their own issues and expect you to spend your time fixing their mistakes, unfortunately I am going to be one of them I'm afraid.:cry

Thanks,

6. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Hi silverking, first, you must be very patient. Those malware guys (& gals) are truly worth their weight in gold, so in the meantime, enjoy the forum, have a look around, and I am sure you will not be ignored... ;)

They will let you know when your turn comes... Hang in there... Check out some of the other forums while you wait... There is plenty to read... and learn. I never heard a stupid question, myself... Not one... Not ever, and I don't think the malware team has either...

Hang in there, you couldn't have come to a better place ;)

PS: We have all had a bad day or two... No biggie.. ;)

7. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

welcome to the forums :)

8. Serious Sam

Serious Sam Corporal

funny, since I do IT work for a living I deal with the virus crap all the time. I obviously peruse the malware forums as well. I often think some of the comments there are a little "terse" at times & the wording could be different in some of the responses from the "fighters" there. Then I stop & think about how frustrated I get with the blatant idiocy of some of the users I deal with & I realize I get like that alot of times as well. It all boils down to READ THE SIGNS. Such as the stickies, I'm always amazed at the posts i see in there where they just cannot follow instructions or follow the rules. Luckily I get to work on the PC's myself when infected, I could not handle "coddling" these folk as well as ya'll do. My hats off to ya'll on your work, I would help, but I get enough of it at work.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds