BSOD STOP: c0000135

Discussion in 'Software' started by GentleImpulsion, Jan 26, 2012.

1. GentleImpulsion

GentleImpulsion Private E-2

Hello, newbie to the forums here, with a bit of a problem.

I’m having trouble getting my computer to boot. I was in the middle of something when it just suddenly shut off. When I started it up again I got a BSOD with this message:

“STOP: c0000135 {Unable To Locate Component}
    This application has failed to start because consrv was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem.”

To be quite honest, I have no idea what this means. I tried pretty much all of the options offered for repair and recovery, but none of them did anything. I looked around the forums a bit and came across a few threads made by people with similar (but not identical) problems, and they were all told to run FRST64 and post the scan log, so I decided to just do that in advance and will attach it to this post.

I’m really at a loss, any help all would be hugely appreciated. If any additional information is needed just let me know and I’ll try my best to provide it.

Attached Files:

2. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

3. GentleImpulsion

GentleImpulsion Private E-2

Ah, thank you so much! I've managed to get it to boot now. I'll head over to the malware removal forum like you suggested.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds