Removing IE8

Discussion in 'Software' started by joey off the street, Apr 28, 2009.

1. joey off the street

joey off the street Lounge Lizard No.1

How do I go about uninstalling Internet Explorer 8 and reinstalling IE7 on XP home edition?
    I'm assuming it's not as simple as Control Panel, Add/Remove progs then reinstall IE7.
    The wife hates version 8 as it has (I don't know how) completely messed up the FaceBook accounts. The writing on the pages overlaps and the configuration of the whole FB thing has been changed. I'm assuming this is down to IE8 as it was fine before being installed.
    Thanks in advance
    joey​

2. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

Go ahead and try Control Panel, Add/Remove progs; that should work. If that doesn't work, there's another way to do this, but I'd try that first.

If IE 7 was the version installed just prior to installing IE 8, you will not have to reinstall IE 7; removing IE 8 will take the system back to IE 7.

3. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

Is there no way you can roll it back with system restore to a date before you installed IE8 or is it too long ago??

4. joey off the street

joey off the street Lounge Lizard No.1

Yeah, quite a while ago, Bill. But being a woman she decided to tell me today. Thanks anyway.

[​IMG]

The above is for the wife's benefit, BTW, not yours, Bill. LOL​

Yeah, it was as straightforward as that! Why did I expect it to be a chore? Thanks, Vet. Problem solved.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds