Zip codes

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Lev, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Does anybody know of a US-based website where you can put in the zip +the additional 4 digit locator to find a more precise location of where mail was sent from?

Thanks.

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

3. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Yeah I already looked there....no go. I want to type in the full zip xxxxx-xxxx and have it give ME the address, not the other way around.

4. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

5. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

C'est la vie........ain't buying.

6. BCGray

BCGray Guest

Found this but being a Canuck have not had reason to try it but it is supposedly the right price(FREE):D http://www.zip-codes.com/

7. BCGray

BCGray Guest

Hey we bring em up smart up here in the "Great White North" and frozen as well it is -30c or for you southern dudes -20f, dang "Beer" froze, anybody for "Beer Popsicles":mad: :mad: :eek: :eek: .........Hoped it would work don't know if Lev has had a chance to check it out or not

8. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Worked for me!

And DAMN, is it cold your your way, Gray! Here in Ontario we're having an indian summer! It's like +10C!! WOO HOOO!!

9. BCGray

BCGray Guest

Want some frozen Beer Popsicles.............Just finished have a serious talk with the Big Guy upstairs and were going to ship this cold Cr*p back East, after all we do not want Mada's beer to get warm;) :D

10. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Lev sorry I never thought of this one until now, but you knew my train of thought http://www.terraserver.com/search/zip_search.asp ( just didnt think of Terraserver being an option ) ;)

Still like the others, picks the center point of the zip+4 code, but may narrow it down a touch for you, but local.live or maps.google allow you to zoooooooom in closer to street level.

11. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Shouldn't hi-jack this thread but I can't resist, after all it is the Lounge forum.
    Temps here are +20° C overnight, expected +32° C today, heading into summer.
    Nuts to anything colder than +12° C. That means I have to go looking for my only blanket.
    ;) :D :D :cool: Bazza

===

12. BCGray

BCGray Guest

Want A Beer Popsicle Bazza, selling them cheap, great for when you put another shrimp on the Barby;) :D

13. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Halo..that terraserver is awesome! I could kiss you (only no matter how much I pucker up, these lips ain't gonna reach lol). You have just confirmed what I thought. Muggles are busted HAHA ;) Thanks :)

@BCGray...it worked for the basic zip, but not the zip+ 4 digits to further locate the address, but thanks for your help and effort :)

14. bigbazza

15. bigbazza

This one may work for you.

http://www.jcsm.com/zipround2.asp

16. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Even better Bazza...got the actual address and located..... *wait for it*.....

MYSELF!!!!!! lol

don't ask...long story....

17. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

LMAO.. pucker up baby and you more than welcome :)

Good stuff on the pesky Muggles ;)

18. bigbazza

You sending hate mail to yourself? :confused:
    LOL :D
    Glad it worked for you, though.:)
    Bazza

===

19. British TV Nut

British TV Nut Corporal

At one time I had a link that you can search a zip code and it'll tell you what city it is. Unfortunately, I've lost it. You would think that I would have something like that easily at my fingertips since I work for a mailing company. But alas I don't and have to search for something online that would make it easier (especially when I have to find a city that our software couldn't find.) :)

20. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

No lol...but someone in our building obviously is ;) I have a little surprise forming up my sleeve for them :D

21. bigbazza

Check out my reply in #16, as well as google link, in #15. Bazza

===

Last edited: Nov 29, 2006
  22. British TV Nut

British TV Nut Corporal

Oh I've got those now. I just was trying to remember the one I had that time ago. It doesn't matter anyway the links you've posted are much better. :)

23. bigbazza

Glad I could help.:D Bazza

===

24. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds