need freeware to convert from .rmvb to wmv

Discussion in 'Software' started by red death68, Dec 27, 2009.

1. red death68

red death68 Command Sergeant Major

title says it all i have several video files that i want to convert into wmv files with a res of 320 x 240 but the program i have (quickmediaconverter) doesnt work for this for some reason i just get an error along the lines of

"error [cannot get resampling context]"

so i need a program that can convert the files probarly must be freeware if at all possible

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Do you have Real Media or Real Alternative installed? as you would need the RM codec for the converter to be able to read the file format.

What Windows version?

Could try this app I read about on a few audio visual sites, not tried the app but did run the url though WOT for whats thats worth and didnt flag anything up and VirusJotti, in this http://www.rmvbcodec.com/

3. red death68

red death68 Command Sergeant Major

ill try the file yolu suggested after a virus scan (never can be to careful) and for reference im running windows xp home sp3

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds