Sendmail - not sending mail

Discussion in 'Software' started by nim86kyouya, Apr 4, 2012.

1. nim86kyouya

nim86kyouya Private E-2

Hi, i need help with this matter since i'm not use with sendmail configuration.

I have application place in linux server, the OS is redhat and sending email using sendmail 8.13.
    unfortunately the OS was corrupted and was repaired. But after the repair, my application can't send an email any more. I checked the sendmail and it's OK but in maillog, all the email send after the OS incident was queued and not send. :confused

I try telnet 127.0.0.1 25, it's OK but the email still stuck at queue.
    I try to flush the queue but got error Name server timeout
    Transient parse error -- message queued for future delivery

and it's seem like the sendmail was configure to use SMARTHOST.
    It look like the sendmail was ok,but something has blocked my email from being sent out.

Hope someone can guide me how to troubleshoot this matter, I'm just beginner in linux.

Sorry if I have grammatical error since English not my first language
    Thanks for anybody's time :)

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Let me first say, I don't know a thing about sendmail so asking me questions would be a waste of typing. ;)

I found a thread which mentions things that need to be checked in the setup. Perhaps if you read the thread and compare to what you have, you will discover what the problem is.
    This is for sendmail 8.14 so it should be similar
    http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=30540

If your matches, perhaps you can ask in that forum about sendmail, if no one here has any further suggestions.

3. shnerdly

shnerdly MajorGeek

The first time I setup a mail server with Linux, I screwed around with it for three weeks trying to figure out why it wouldn't send any emails. I finally found out that my ISP, Comcast, blocks port 25 and will not open it except on business class service.

It sounds like yours was working and quit but I thought I would mention this for others that may try setting up a mail server on a home connection.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds