Strange Problem With Eset Smart Security

Discussion in 'Software' started by mr_yoda, Jan 17, 2009.

1. mr_yoda

mr_yoda Private E-2

I was wondering if someone could help me. I have Eset Smart Security installed but recently I have had issues with it when I boot up my PC. The splash screen for the program show on the desktop however windows reports that the anti-virus/antispyware is turned off. After a couple of minutes this clears and it starts to work. Can anybody see any malware that is likely to block the program from starting correctly? Thanks

Attached Files:

• HJT.txt
      File size:
      8.7 KB
      Views:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2009
  2. Xcom46

Xcom46 Guest

Try some thing eles.Try Malewarebytes and see if you find any thing.Or your pc might need a speed boost try System Mechanic Professional.you can download a free version at download.com

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Nothing major sticks out, but then HJT doesnt show too much if it where malware causing this.. may show some but not all, would be tempted to uninstall the toolbars you have or all bar one, multiples dont serve much of a purpose. Your startup list is small so thats good.

What previous Antivirus softwware did you have on this PC?

I could as it starts soon after just be a delay in the service from ESET starting before some other devices such as your DELL Printers startup and the Apple Sync and iTune helper, a quick test to see if this is the case is to disable these from starting up and then reboot and see with only ESET set to start with PC does the same happen.

Download StartupCPL and untick all from the menus apart from ESET and reboot.

Could also just be a delay in ESET itself in registering with the Windows Security Panel, that its on.

If you believe i maybe Malware related then as HijackThis doesnt show all malware on a PC then I would advise you to run through the Read Me malware removals guide here then start a new thread in malware forum and attach the logs as requested with a brief explanation of the issue and link to this thread.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds