The 8800 GTX is huge...really huge!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Caravan19, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Caravan19

Caravan19 Private E-2

Just wanted to send out a heads up that I had to buy a new case to hold this monster. eVGA 8800 (GTX p/n 768-P2-N831) 10.5" or 266.6mm. Note that I could have cut some stuff out of the way. I chose the CoolerMaster Stacker 830 instead( I was overdue for an upgrade). I might bury myself in this thing and save on the coffin down the road. Power is also some thing to consider. You'll need at least 550 to run at least ONE of these monsters .(I'm sure someone will say they did it with less...lol). Hope this helps someone that might be thinking of upgrading....Happy Thanksgivings to all in advance.

AMD X2 4400+
    Asus A8N32-SLi Deluxe
    2 GB RAM
    Audigy 2 ZS Plat
    Antec Power TRIO 650

2. insamaic

insamaic Guest

Tell us how the performance goes, I've read the benchmarks and all, but just a first-hand review owuld be nice. :)

3. Caravan19

Caravan19 Private E-2

I'll do my best....just waiting for my new mobo:)

4. Sailor

Sailor First Sergeant

Brain Message: a FATAL ERROR occured while vewing this thread. Possible infection by malware. Malware name: jealousy. Your brain will now shut down.

jealous, jealous, jealous.................

5. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

[​IMG]

Huge like this guy? I have two of these in my machine!

Yup, I have to use 4 expansion slots for one video out! LOL!

6. Sailor

Sailor First Sergeant

Forget about the fatal error. I'll just drop my PC imto the sea and watch if it can float.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds