cd writing help

Discussion in 'Software' started by griggi63, Jun 4, 2009.

1. griggi63

griggi63 Private First Class

Hope someone can help. I recently started have problems with my cd burnning. I would write data to the disc and it would appear that it is burning to the cd, but when it is all said and done and the window pops up that the writing is complete and i tell it to finish, there is no data on the disc, it is empty. But then on occassion it will record the data, but then it is unreadable on any other computer and seems to stall or lock up the other computer. I'm sure its a software issue because i changed the cd drive and basically same result. i use the standard cd writing wizard that came with xp. And as a note, i have also downloaded and tried other burner programs that end up having some type of error and cannot complete the task. any ideas? its an older dell machine runnin xp.

2. griggi63

i tried CDburnerXP.....it seemed to work up until the very end, then errored out on me. and also Burn Aware....

i dont believe it has anything to do with the cd drive itself, because i had replaced it with a different cd drive and received the same result.

A friend had mentioned something about he thinks that it is not "closing" the disc....i'm not sure what this means

3. griggi63

ok, thanks

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

I've tried quite a few burning programs and here are my notes:
    1. Burn Aware - disaster
    2. JetBlue free disaster
    3. Star Burner (could not try because it doesn't work on windows 2000)
    3. CD Burner XP Pro refused to load
    4. Silent Night 2004 used to work then stopped working

Perhaps you've been trying the wrong software?

On an older computer I use Adaptec v4 (this is pre-Roxio and pre-Symantec) because it always works.
    On a newer computer, I use ImgBurn for ISOs and data.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds