There's an ad on my Netflix player.

Discussion in 'Software' started by Kiyda, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Kiyda

Kiyda Private E-2

A few days ago an ad appeared at the top of my Netfix online instant player. The ad is different every time and cuts off the bottom of my screen. The ad also appears on YouTube. It isn't much of a problem except that it prevents me from navigating between episodes and reading the subtitles in foreign movies. I ran Malware on my computer 3 times and it is still there. I took a picture that will be on Photo Bucket as soon as it is working again.

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

3. Kiyda

Kiyda Private E-2

4. Kiyda

Kiyda Private E-2

5. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

It is the nature of malware these days that it is very hard to get rid of. The fact that you ran scans and it seems you are indicating that 'it got rid of everything' means that it did find something (assuming I'm reading your post correctly).

You did not state what you used to scan your computer, or what protection you have.

You need to give as much info as possible.

As plodr stated, Netflix does not advertise on their streaming videos, therefore, you still have some adware/malware/or something inserting ads. Based on your pictures, it also says "ads not by this site"

We have a malware removal forum, which is where you will need to go in order to get help: Malware Removal

If you do want help, you will need to perform these steps: READ & RUN ME FIRST Malware Removal Guide (incl. spyware, virus, trojan, hijacker)

Unfortunately, the bulk of malware now requires multiple scans with different software and in a lot of cases, it requires some manual removal instructions (which our experts can give you if needed) as well.

Just to add: One thing you can try to see if it works....Install Adblock Plus to your Firefox. It is free to use and will eliminate most ads on websites. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/?src=hp-dl-mostpopular

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  6. texasgameboy15x

texasgameboy15x Private E-2

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds