Fixing laptop keyboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Rocktosh, Mar 3, 2007.

1. Rocktosh

Rocktosh Private E-2

Hi,

I'm new to this place and I need some help from you knowledgeable people here, I'm a bit of a novis when it comes to computers myself.

I had a mishap with my husband's Panasonic Laptop today, where I unfortunately dropped a cigarette on the keyboard. It landed between the "Alt" key and the space key and caused quite a significant burn. My question is; is it possible to exchange those keys or the whole keyboard? If it's possible, could I then take it to any computer repair place, and if so, does anyone have any idea approximately how much it would cost?
    Also, can anyone recommend a place where I can take the laptop in the Chicago area?

Thanks a lot,

Rocktosh:)

2. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

Gotta replace the keyboard I'm afraid. Should cost between $90 and $120 - I don't know about Illinois sales tax.

If you can't find a trustworthy Chicago fixer you could always pay a visit to good ol Blighty. The west Country is lovely at this time of year.

Studio T

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds