Slow connection with 2 PS2 consoles to one server

Discussion in 'Software' started by wesburnsco86, Jan 9, 2008.

1. wesburnsco86

wesburnsco86 Private E-2

The game and server is Socom US Navy Seals Combined Assault.Which is being handled by Sony now.
    Sony is not currently helping when I call
    When my 2 consoles are connected to that sever from here one gets priority over the other and one begins to be very laggy gameplay.

Ive called my router support which is Belkin and the model # F5D 7230-4 version 6002.They are most always from Indian decent and very hard to understand their english.They suggested opening the UDP/TCP ports and told me to call back after i get the numbers.
    If im not mistaken they said the ports to my playstation are what im suposed to open,but I heard that the server has its own ports too???
    The first call to Sony :after she asked me what game im trying to connect to I got a huge long list of numbers which I didnt know if they were seperated by commas or just a huge list of numbers.The second call to Sony this guy told me if I already been connected to the server before theres no need to open the ports.Thats just for stuff like if the mics dont work etc..
    I got a small upgrade to turbo from my ISP,but they dont handle 3rd party routers.
    Im familiar kinda with the routers utility,heres a photo to give example of what Im dealing with

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v734/wesburnsco86/router.jpg

Any ideas and help is greatly appreciated.

2. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

whats the speed of the internet connection in question?

3. wesburnsco86

wesburnsco86 Private E-2

[​IMG]
    thats after the turbo upgrade

4. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Well the speed definatly isn't the problem, and I myself dont think its portforwarding either, as that would tend to cause more cant connect period type problems. Also port forwarding would require you to pick one ps2 and foward the ports to it, which may cause more issues with the other ps2.

5. wesburnsco86

wesburnsco86 Private E-2

I tried the DMZ,but didnt work because one of us couldnt play

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds