Gateway FX4710-UB003a

Discussion in 'Software' started by Llama052, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Llama052

Llama052 Private E-2

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I'm not sure about x64 XPPro and if it requires the Microsoft UAA Audio Driver for HD audio; also known as KB888111. If the audio doesn't work after installing the above drivers (install chipset first), then uninstall the audio driver, restart the PC, install this driver and then re-install the sound driver. This is a link to the x64 UAA HD audio driver.

4. Llama052

Llama052 Private E-2

If this works im going to love you!

Installing XP now :)

5. Llama052

Llama052 Private E-2

Everything works except one thing is missing...

"PCI Simple communications Controller"

6. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:highfive Glad to hear it's all working!
    That is the dial-up modem. If you don't use dial-up for your internet access (like NetZero or People PC) then don't worry about it. Just right click it and select 'Disable'. However, if you do use dial-up and not DSL/broadband/cable, or you just want to be thorough, you'll have to run a tool like Unknown Devices or Everest to find out the make/model/chipset of the modem. Both are free and fairly straight-forward to use. If using Unknown Devices, click on 'List' at the top and save the info generated by the program to a text file. Then attach that file to a post here and I'll try to find the driver for you. Everest also has a way to generate a report and save it as a text file, but I don't remember the exact steps; you can find the steps listed in many of the threads here in the driver forum. The easiest steps were written up by MG member 'musksnipe' and I've been copy-n-paste-ing them into threads too, so if you want to use Everest to save a file, just poke around the driver forum and you'll find the Everest "how-to".

(you can also just open the case, remove the modem, and post the model number that's printed on it; or just remove it if you don't use it)

(if you use Unknown Devices to generate a hardware report, it may include your Windows product key in the report; be sure to edit it out of the report before posting)

Last edited: Oct 8, 2008
  7. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Everest How-To:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds