Horizontal Lines on Toshiba Laptop Screen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Abat, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Abat

Abat Private E-2

I don't know if this is the place to ask this sort of question but does anyone else have a toshiba laptop and if you do have any of you had horizontal lines suddenly appear on your monitor? I started with two blue lines to the left and now I have three blue lines to the left and a yellow line close to the center of the screen. Any ideas on what this is or if there is a fix for this?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

No as that is a place to say hi, the software, hardware forum areas are where to ask questions on technical matters, but I have moved your post to the Hardware forum as its closest to your issue at present.

What Windows version do you have installed?
    What model Toshiba is it?
    Did you install any new software before this happened?
    If you boot in to safe mode (F8 at boot) do you get the same lines?

At worst it could be the LCD panel on its way out, has the laptop been dropped at all?

3. Abat

Abat Private E-2

The windows version is XP media and the model toshiba is a satellite P!00 intel centrino duo. I don't recall installing any new software pre lines. For the longest time I only had the two lines that appeared out of nowhere...then after several months the third line appeared and the other day a fourth line appeared. I haven't tried safe mode boot because I am not sure how to do that and no the computer has never been dropped although I have been tempted to throw the thing out the window. What would cause the LCD panel to be on it's way out. The computer is only three years old and certainly hasn't been abused in any way. I am the only person who uses this laptop and no small children around to cause any problems. I would try this safe mode boot if I knew how to do it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds