IDTSG.cpl Unable to open IDT Audio Control Panel rundll32.exe

Discussion in 'Software' started by ttbhtdsh, May 9, 2011.

1. ttbhtdsh

ttbhtdsh Private E-2

Hi, IDT is my audio software on my Intel Board using WinXP SP3
    It worked fine for several years.
    Now, I am trying to Open IDT Audio Control Panel it does not open.
    Task Manager shows rundll32.exe taking 50% CPU and stays there forewever.
    rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe" Shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL "IDTSG.cpl" 768
    I run sfc.exe /scannow already, reinstall later or original drivers for IDT audio.
    Same results - please advise

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2011
  2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What is the exact model version of your Intel Desktop Board?
    In Device Manager do you have any devices with yellow ! marks by them if so what?

If you boot into safe mode (F8 at boot) can you open the Audio Control Panel now, also do the other control panels open ok, like graphics etc

Hijack this doesn't show too much in relation to malware, it has a few unneeded BHO entries and one to a network share possibly in a G: Drive if you have this in your network?

but to effectively rule out malware then you would need to follow the below exactly as written.

and see if our malware experts find any issues malware wise.

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

I have moved the logs to the malware forum here >>> http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=237288 as the steps I posted mentioned to do to allow our malware experts to review then, they are so busy that they don't really come out of the malware forum area to review other areas of the forum topics.

When they give you the app clear and you are still having software issues, post back in this thread and we can troubleshoot those issues, still remaining.

4. ttbhtdsh

ttbhtdsh Private E-2

Hi David,
    I am back from the Malware section.
    It looks like I don't have it.

I'm still having initial issue.
    Do you have more ideas?

5. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, ttbhtdsh.

Good to see that you're malware-free.

Since your motherboard carries the P35 Express chipset, I suggest downloading and running this Intel file. Make sure you reboot the machine after installing the package, and let us know the results.

6. ttbhtdsh

ttbhtdsh Private E-2

Hi Caliban:
    I installed Intel files. Same results.
    Also, I updated the BIOS to latest version too with same results.

Rundll32.exe goes to take 50% CPU resources and stays there forever.
    However, the speed of my pc stays normal. (It does not decrease).

Another thing is Internet Explorer 8 becomes some time unstable.
    Also, I reinstalled, with same results for my IDT problem and unstability.

Thanks

7. Caliban

Ok, try this:

Open Task Manager > Processes. Make sure "Show processes from all users" is checked. Click the "Memory" tab to show the usages in descending order (highest usage first).

What are the top 5-6 processes?

I'm having a hard time deciding if you've got multiple problems going on here or not - I can't understand the correlation between (a.) the rundll32 = 50% CPU, (b.) the inability to open an audio control panel, and (c.) the IE8 instability.

8. ttbhtdsh

ttbhtdsh Private E-2

Here are two files, one when I click the IDT icon. The other, when I restart without clicking on it.

Thanks, Fabio

Attached Files:

9. Caliban

I don't see anything obvious in the processes list.

Earlier, DavidGP asked about booting into Safe Mode and trying the IDT panel - what were the results of that test? And, while in Safe Mode w/Networking, do you experience the same Internet Explorer instability?

10. ttbhtdsh

ttbhtdsh Private E-2

IE8 has been stable on safe mode.
    I tried to open IDT on safe mode but got the message:
    "IDT Audio drivers is inaccesible" "Please make sure it is installed and enabled"
    I also uninstalled and installed the IDT driver in safe mode.
    Other settings like "display" are not available on safe mode either.

Same result. Thanks

11. Caliban

Good morning.

I'm pretty sure that the IDT problem is separate from the Internet Explorer issue. Let's tackle the audio first, and then later we can concentrate on the browser.

I just looked at your HJT log and realized that you have both Creative SB Live! and SigmaTel C-Major Audio loaded. There's a distinct possibility that there may be a conflict going on - do you have both onboard audio and a PCI sound card in this system?

Also, if possible, please supply the exact make and model # of your motherboard.

12. ttbhtdsh

ttbhtdsh Private E-2

I have only the onboard audio. I had a pci card in the past. I unistalled now completely Creative SB Live! and reboot. Same results.

My board is Intel DP35DP Media Series Audio/Lan
    BOXDP35DPM

13. Caliban

Let's try to properly uninstall the control panel:

1. Download and run Revo Uninstaller.

2. If the IDT panel does not appear in Revo's main Uninstaller pane, click Options > Uninstaller > Show system components.

3. Right-click on the IDT Control Panel, select Uninstall, OK the "Are you sure?" dialog, select the Advanced Uninstall Mode, and click Next.

4. After the initial process, let Revo scan for any additional leftover information. If the program finds any remnants, allow it to thoroughly clean them.

5. Reboot, reinstall the IDT Control Panel, and see if your symptoms have changed.

14. ttbhtdsh

ttbhtdsh Private E-2

I uninstalled it. same results. I am thinking to reinstall windows, update and last thing to install audio driver. I'll let you know with this. This was like last option. Also, I am thinking to call intel on Monday or supplier, because I found my board has a 3 year warranty and I have two months left.

Last thing I want to do is to get a new Audio PCI card. (the IDT audio has multistreaming already and I use also this card it frequently to record conference calls and play my music).

I'll let you know about this options. However, I appreciatte any more ideas.

Thanks

15. ttbhtdsh

ttbhtdsh Private E-2

Hi there,
    I finally did a clean winxp install over one available disk partition I had on my pc and reinstalled all my software. Everything is ok now. Even more speed. IExplorer is stable now too.
    Thanks everybody for your help.

Fabio

16. Caliban

Glad you got it sorted, ttbhtdsh, and thanks for the feedback. :major

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds