Display issues.....flickering thin black horizontal lines

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by chump0, Oct 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chump0

chump0 Private E-2

Lately my lcd monitor has been getting thin black horizontal lines that run across the screen. They flicker in and out and seem to do it more when I scroll down the page. Sometimes it does it right away when I turn on my computer, but other times it takes a while. It is very annoying when I am trying to surf the web. What can the problem be?

2. Goldenskull

Goldenskull I can't follow the rules

Are you Over Clocking your Video card

3. chump0

chump0 Private E-2

No not overclocking

4. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Do you have another monitor to test? If you see the same on a different monitor then it is a video card problem. If the other monitor looks fine then it is a monitor problem.

5. Spock96

Spock96 Major Geek 'Spocky'

If it's what I'm thinking it is. It may be that your refresh rate is not right.
    What OS are you running?

6. chump0

chump0 Private E-2

i have windows 7 home edition operating system running at 75 hertz

7. Spock96

Check your re-fresh rate.
    To do so:
    Right-click anywhere on the desktop and click on Screen Resolution>>Select the monitor Display you want to change the screen refresh rate for>>

8. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

9. Spock96

@ Me-- Crap the rest didn't go.(Well.... That's embarrassing:-o).
    @Plodr-- I did not know that thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds