Network Cable Unplugged...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kensi, Mar 5, 2005.

1. Kensi

Kensi Private E-2

Hey guys. I'm having issues again with my network. I have 3 computers and i've had them all ran through a 4 port wired router and all the sudden my router crapped out and i moved my router and modem and reconnected them in an easier place.. Well 2 of our computers run fine now through the router but one computer is being stubborn and keeps saying "network cable unplugged' when all the connections are tight. I've even switched it out and it continues to do this.
    Thanks,
    Kensi

2. gman4dx266

gman4dx266 Private First Class

Assuming you tried switching ports on your router and what not..lets take a deeper look:

Have you checked the device manager? just to make sure the card is enabled. Ive had cards that were disabled but the icon is still in the tray.

Also try unplugging EVERYTHING for 5 minutes to give everything a good hard reset. Most of the time thats the cast on the arm that makes everything work. (most net devices cache the MAC addresses in memory-so when you boot these devices and THEN plug the computers in, it will ignore them and not assign an ip addy.)

also, if you have an extra nic lying around- stick that sucka in there and see if you can get on the net with it. IF you can then the problem lies in the OS. If you still cant, its in the wiring or the router. Easy enough, right?! hope so...Anyone else have anything to add?

3. RickM

RickM Private First Class

When you mean your router crapped out, do you mean you connection to the internet or the device stopped working. On the PC that wont work, move that cable to a port that is working just to eliminate the port, then check drivers etc... If your router crapped out it could be flakey as well... :cool:

4. Kensi

Kensi Private E-2

well. i've tried putting a direct modem connection without the router and it still wont work... :(

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds