Can't print coupons from internet--says already printed

Discussion in 'Software' started by bethiebe, Jul 24, 2005.

1. bethiebe

bethiebe Private E-2

Ok this is my first try at getting some help and I may be in the wrong place. My daughter and her roommate share a computer. They frequently go to websites such as boodle.com or smartsource.com to print various grocery coupons. The problem is that after ONE of them has printed a coupon, when the other one goes to print hers it says they have already printed the allowed amount of coupons. Obviously somehow they are putting cookies on their computer that keeps them from printing. They have tried clearing cookies, temp files, restarting, etc. but still get the same message. The only thing they can do is go to someone else's computer each month to print new coupons. Is there anyway to get rid of this "cookie" or whatever it does that won't allow them both to print? They each use their own email address and password when they go to all the sites, so it has to be something specific to the computer. Thanks for any help.

2. chaslang

chaslang MajorGeeks Admin - Master Malware Expert Staff Member

This is not a malware problem. Moving to Software.

Why don't you just have it print multiple copies to begin with?
    If it is cookie related, just delete all your cookies.

3. Shadow_Puter_Dude

Shadow_Puter_Dude MG Authorized Malware Fighter

That's because sites that offer coupons log the IP of the machine. Once you have printed a coupon you can't print the same coupon from a computer using the same IP.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds