PC freeze/buzzing sound, pc shuts off

Discussion in 'Software' started by unknown88, Sep 1, 2015.

1. unknown88

unknown88 Private E-2

Hello,

My pc was working fine, until i installed vlc.

In the movie sometimes it would have a gray screen for a second and a freeze/buzzing sound. And it would continue playing.

However today my pc would just shut down with a buzz/static/ sound however you call it in english. ( the same sound as in vlc/gray screen.

Now i have uninstalled VLC, and no problems.

What must i do to let VLC run correct ? with no freezes etc?

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings unknown88, and welcome to MajorGeeks.

We need some more info from you: what's the make and model # of your machine (please include any Service Tag identifiers), and what operating system version and Service Pack # are you using?

And you state that you recently installed VLC: what's the version # and was this a downloaded program or did it come prepackaged?

As far as the freezing symptom, be advised that there may be many extraneous causes: internet dropouts or wireless signal weakness if this is a streaming situation, system resources low, background processes eating bandwidth, etc.

3. unknown88

unknown88 Private E-2

Hi, as requested :

Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    CPU
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T 24 °C
    Thuban 45nm Technology
    RAM
    8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 673MHz (9-9-9-24)
    Motherboard
    ASRock 890GX Extreme3 (CPUSocket) 37 °C
    Graphics
    SAMSUNG (1920x1080@60Hz)
    SA300/350/360Š (1920x1080@60Hz)
    1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series (ATI AIB) 60 °C
    Storage
    111GB OCZ-VERTEX2 ATA Device (SSD) 1 °C
    Optical Drives
    ELBY CLONEDRIVE SCSI CdRom Device

I cant remember which version or if prepackaged, it was from vlc's wesbsite i guess.

If you need any other info ..

4. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Your system looks very capable. You might try uninstalling / reinstalling the VLC program - I'd even go so far as to recommend another download of the program, just in case.

Other steps: see if there are graphics adapter and sound card driver updates for your machine (yes: outdated or conflicting audio drivers can cause multimedia choppiness), make sure DMA is enabled for your optical drive (if the problem files are CDs/DVDs), make sure there are no other programs / resource hogs running in the background. If the problem stems from streaming movies, etc., you might try running the DPC Latency Checker to try to determine any dropout causes.

And, again: are these local files or disks, or are you trying to stream data? If streaming are you wired or wireless?

5. unknown88

unknown88 Private E-2

I will try everything you say tomorow,

And for you ,These movies are local files

Thanks in advance.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds