Windows build 7601 service pack 1

Discussion in 'Software' started by tlledet, Jul 1, 2011.

1. tlledet

tlledet Private E-2

Just installed windows service pack 1. Can't boot. Not even in safe mode. Running windows 7, 64 bits, office 2010, Avast( renewed today), firefox. Suggestions?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Do you have a Windows 7 DVD? if so try a Startup Repair from the DVD and info HERE

Would be the first think I would try.

3. tlledet

tlledet Private E-2

Press start button, windows Error Recovery window loads, select "start normally", windows starts to load, put in password, the word "Welcome" shows with swirl moving, screen fades to black except for the mouse pointer (which I can move), nothing happens, hit clt,alt,delete, pop-up titled "Failure to display security and shut down options", text inside the pop-up goes on to say it couldn't display security and login options to press esc (does nothing) or redraft using power switch, this leads me back to the beginning.

4. tlledet

tlledet Private E-2

Do have repair disc

5. thisisu

thisisu Malware Consultant

I would boot into Windows Recovery and use System Restore to restore your PC to a state before you installed SP1.

Then if it boots, install the readiness update tool may x64 : direct

root: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821

Then retry installing SP1.

-or-

F8 During startup, and select the "Boot to last known good configuration"
    That may work too

6. tlledet

tlledet Private E-2

Finally got to boot in safe mode. Restoring now. Thanks for all the support a person gets from people like you. It is truly appreciated!

Thanks!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds