Reinstalled Driver for HP Scanjet, but now...

Discussion in 'Software' started by chad-roscoe, Aug 26, 2004.

1. chad-roscoe

chad-roscoe Private E-2

HI--

I recently reinstalled my HP scanning software. (I run Windows XP and have an HP 3400C Scanjet.) I did this because when I tried to use my scanner, the application would launch but when I tried to scan I would receive an error message, "scanner not found." So I reinstalled, but there were problems. I received online help from HP and was able to reinstall the driver and now everything works great...

...except that every time I restart or start up my computer, the following error message appears in a dialogue box:

HP PrecisionScan LTX Setup

This program updates your HP scanning software. You may see a message about ‘Digital Signature Not Found.’ You must click ‘Yes’ for the update to install correctly.

OK

...and I must either click "OK" or simply close the dialogue box (I've done both, numerous times). It appears HP is trying to finish a process that is already finished (ie, updating the scanning software for XP). Neither clicking OK or simply closing the dialogue box seems to affect the scanner's useability, but I'm unsure why this box appears on every single restart. If you know of any steps I could take to remedy this problem, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks very much!!

CR

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds