Can You Remember?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Stubby, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Stubby

Stubby R.I.P. (September 3, 1949 - January 26, 2011)

Can you remember the very first movie your parents allowed you to go see by yourself? I do, it was 'Gorgo,' 1961! Which was also known as the British Godzilla;) Before seeing that, I was hooked on western movies, but Gorgo converted me to horror\sci-fi and I've been there ever since. For those of you that don't, or can't, remember Gorgo and his Mother, here's a trailer http://www.wildscreen.tv/videos/3864866/

2. RexNoctis

RexNoctis Corporal

I remember the first they didn't! I watched the original Robocop at a friends house, my Mum went mad when she found out! (I must have been about 12ish)

I also remember my Dad suggesting the Rocky Horror Picture Show to me and my girlfriend at the time, she never quite looked at him the same after that. :)

3. Stubby

'Robocop' isn't too bad, but the 'Rocky Horror Picture Show' well let's just say I can understand your girl's feelingsroflmao I was going to post an trailer for that movie, but I couldn't find one that would meet MGs rating:-D However, if you liked 'Robocop,' there's a new movie to be released in 2010! http://www.slusho.org/?p=136

4. RexNoctis

RexNoctis Corporal

The new Robocop movie sounds good at first glance, it's good that they're not trying to follow on from the end of the last films, would make it difficult to make a good story.

I am looking forward to District 9, seems to be a new(ish) idea for a film, something that isn't part of a series or a rehash of an old film.

5. Stubby

6. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

I never asked if I could go, I just went! LOL Seriously...I cannot remember being "allowed" to see a movie without my parents, just that I did so. Starting with the horrid 1978 remake of Invasion of the Body Snatchers, when I was seven. LOL

7. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

I don't remember the first I went to see without my parents, but I remember the first R rated one I was allowed to see.

The Shining (I still love that movie to this day)

8. Stubby

9. iwunderdownunder

iwunderdownunder First Sergeant

the first time i went to the cinema i was thirteen went with me girlfriend we saw a double feature jaws and jabawoki.

10. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Parents never went to movies. First one I saw/remember was The Day of the Triffids with two other horror movies three times over during the same day and ticket. I'd guess I was 12 or 13 ATT.

11. iwunderdownunder

iwunderdownunder First Sergeant

i watched the day of the triffids and the original war of the worlds on the teli when i was fifteen stayed up all night to see them there was a third on on as well but can't remember the name.

12. MoPaR

MoPaR Private First Class

First Movie I saw without my folks was Ghost Busters.... still a great watch today :)

13. cosanostra0905

cosanostra0905 Private E-2

'Shining' by Jack Nicholson. Scared me to dead, and I didn't dare go to toilet by myself.

14. tonyhale

tonyhale Lounge Lizard No.2

Scary movie! The Sound of Music, sends shivers right through me.
    another good one Laurence of Arabia. O’Tool had so much make up on it should have been called Florance of Arabia

15. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

By Stephen King, starring Jack Nicholson. ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds