Question on Cooler Master Case

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bystander, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Bystander

Bystander Private E-2

I am planning a new build. I hope that someone is familiar with the Coolermaster HAF 932 advanced case. I want to use the Corsair H110 GTX liquid cooler, but I cant tell from the images if the twin 120mm fans will fit in the top of the case. Has anyone had experience with this? Should I go to a one-fan setup? I will probably buy the Intel Core i5-4690 K Quad CPU and probably wont OC. Will I need this much cooler?

2. Bystander

Bystander Private E-2

I am planning a new system, using the CoolerMaster HAF 932 Advanced case. I am presently planning on using the Corsair H110 GTX liquid cooler. I cant tell from the images if the twin 120mm fans will fit into the top of this case. I am also planning of using the Intel Core i5-4690 Quad CPU which I might eventually O.C. Perhaps I could use a single fan unit with this CPU. Anyone with experience on this?

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Re: Oldog

HI

Dont have this case but reading the specs at Coolermaster the top fan area is ok for 2x120mm fans and a radiator http://www.coolermaster.com/case/full-tower/haf-932/ (some data at this link), but they are using a Coolermaster liquid cooler setup.

Check the Coolermaster Liquid cooler HERE against the spec and dimensions of the Corsair one HERE (this one has 2x120mm fans)

**The Corsair H110 GTX as far as I can see has 2x140mm fans is this one one you mean or the one above in the H100i GTX?

This is a good thread at Overclock HERE

But above all start reading the tech specs of the case and coolers.

As to the question of not overclocking and needing that sort of cooling, then it wont hurt to have liquid cooling is it needed if not overclocking, probably not as many of the large copper heat pipe design CPU coolers do a great job of keeping the CPU cool. Also keeping the CPU and components cool is an artform and its not just the CPU cooler to look at, look as cable management, keeping cables out of the way of airflow from case fans is crucial, and so is case fan placement, and which ones draw air in and expel air.

Love to hear some others thoughts on this as I have thought of going liquid over the years, never jumped in though YET!

4. psco2007

psco2007 Master Sergeant

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Re: Oldog

Merged both duplicate threads together!

6. Bystander

Bystander Private E-2

Thanks for the good answers

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds