how to take a bit of a dvd and save it as vob

Discussion in 'Software' started by breadbin, Jul 12, 2004.

1. breadbin

breadbin Private E-2

Hello,
    I was wondering what is the best way to extract a scene from a dvd film and save it to the hard disk as a vob or whatever to be put on a blank dvd. Would DVD Shrink do this? There is an option to delete the start / end of a DVD but I am sure there must be a quicker way?

2. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

Try IFOEdit. It's the closest I came up with. Try google, you may find something better.

3. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

DVD Shrink and DVD Decryptor (which backs up the DVD without compressing it- find it here http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4282.html ) will extract a DVD to a file. In that file will be the IFO (Which contains the info the DVD player needs to play the DVD back as intended) and the VOB (The actual audio/video ) files, which correspond to chapters. DVD Shrink will allow you to eliminate multiple audio tracks, which could cause you problems. Doom9 has a lot of info that will help you more than I can. Here's a link http://www.doom9.org/ You might also want to get SmartRipper and DVDx (backs up DVDs to VCD and SVCD) while you are there as they are not available at MG at this time.

4. breadbin

breadbin Private E-2

Cheers, I tried DVD Shrink last night and it worked great. I thought there might be a limit to how much it might take from the start and finish but there doesn't appear to be. It worked perfectly. All the best. DVD Shrink is the coolest prog around

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds