windows NT i386 qstn

Discussion in 'Software' started by hellzscream, May 18, 2008.

1. hellzscream

hellzscream Private First Class

Hi so I am trying to get my windows xp to have the vista look. I downloaded the ux patcher before I installed the theme. But when I run the ux patcher I get this message

Windows NT setup files detected

UXTheme Multi-Patcher v6.0 has detected that there's any Windows NT setup file in

c:\windows\\i386

it's not recommend you to continue with this. Please eject your Windows NT CD or move that folder to somewhere else. Press OK to exit UXTheme Multi-Patcher v6.0

Ok so I was wondering would anything happen if I move this folder? Also I am running windows xp I guess it uses windows nt files to run and I don't have any discs in the cd drive.

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I think you'll be OK. I don't even have this folder on my PC (Win XP Pro SP2) and I don't think it's required for Windows to run. The i386 folder is critical for installing Windows (that's why it's on the Windows disc) but it's not needed for normal Windows functionality. However, instead of moving it, I'd just rename it. IMO it's easier to rename something than it is to move it, but whatever you find easiest.....

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds