Bad Drivers -NVIDIA nForce Unified Driver (Windows 2000/XP) 15.26

Discussion in 'Software' started by Orbi1, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Orbi1

Orbi1 Private E-2

Bad driver set for at least MY XP SP3 !! totally lost ethernet, could not uninstall it, etc.
    had to use System Restore to yesterday.... grrrrrrrr

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Do you have a question to ask for help on this?

As information on what the issue is, is lacking for us to help you, from the little posted it seems that you may have installed the nForce drivers which are for Nvidia based motherboard chipsets only, over the Nvidia GeForce drivers which are for the graphic cards.

Please advise if you need help with more information like what is the PC make and model and what is the motherboard make and model etc

3. Orbi1

Orbi1 Private E-2

I have an nForce 4 Ultra board.
    I extracted the setup file to its own folder
    I ONLY installed (updated) the Ethernet driver, did not uninstall nor install any other drivers.

I could not uninstall the onboard nForce ethernet via normal Windows methods, and I really did have to do a system restore to yesterday to get it back.

I'm now using the ethernet driver from 15.17 and no issues.

I guess this is more of a warning post than a question for advice post, sorry...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds