Dual Monitors, dual Taskbars?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Diet of Nothing, Dec 27, 2004.

1. Diet of Nothing

Diet of Nothing Private E-2

I now have two monitors set up on my computer. One is using the VGA output, and the other is plugged into a DVI to VGA convertor in the DVI port. I have a Radeon 9600 Pro video card and am running Windows XP Home.

What I want is to extend my taskbar across onto the second monitor. Even better than that would be to have a second, independant taskbar which displays only programs open on the second screen. The first screen's taskbar would show programs open and displayed on the first monitor.

Any ideas?

2. Diet of Nothing

Diet of Nothing Private E-2

Guess what I found?

Exactly what I was looking for

Actually, not exactly. I was hoping for a native Windows solution that doesn't require running another program to get the second taskbar.

I'll clarify my question: Is there a way to get a second taskbar on a second monitor using options or features found in Windows XP? Failing that, does anyone have any favourite programs they'd like to suggest?

3. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

Interesting link, I'll have to check it out.
    I have two rigs that I run dual monitors, Dual setup kick's butt.
    One of these days I going to have to try triple setup.

I only run one task bar, havent really needed a second, but that may be a nice feature to have.
    I'll be following this thread to see what other options might avaible.
    If I come across anything, I'll post err.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds