Printer Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DeltaJ, Jan 12, 2006.

1. DeltaJ

DeltaJ Private First Class

My printer prints green ink in place of black and I can't figure out why. I tried reinstalling it and everything.

2. DeltaJ

did all that

3. toehead410

toehead410 Corporal

I hate it when that happens. Try this...open a text document (preferably one with only black text). Select Print... from the File menu, then click on Properties. Select the option that allows you to select 'black ink only' (see attached image for an exapmle). Then print your document and see if you still get green. If so, its a problem with the black cartridge. If not, then select the 'grayscale' option, but not 'black only'. If you have green, (assuming you have tri-color cartridge) then maybe one of the cartridge colors is low or empty. the last thing I could think of is to try the printers 'test page' option. If you get no green there, then its most likely not a printer problem, but a communication or driver problem.

Attached Files:

4. DeltaJ

I'll try those

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds