Fraps and USB headset

Discussion in 'Software' started by J J, Apr 4, 2007.

1. J J

J J Corporal

i use a program called FRAPs. its for capturing the full screen video from my games to make movies/screen shots/FPS counter and because i use a headset it can only record my Microphone input and not the game. so what i want to know is if anyone noes how to make my games and fraps run off my sound card and my headset work on vent (thats what i use it for) i also built my computer so if you need some info on it just ask

2. Bogus283

Bogus283 Private E-2

is it a usb headset?

3. J J

J J Corporal

yes it is a plantronics DSP-400

4. freeofat

freeofat Private E-2

I've had a similar problelm with other sound interface inputs and have found options or settings (where available) set to windows default or specifically to line input can help. I saw another forum reference that describes a similar problem that may shed some light:

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=122386

5. J J

J J Corporal

no the USB headset i have (Plantronics DSP-400) once plugged in actually has a sound card in the cable so it only has the "capture" input or in other words the mic input. i was wondering if anyone knew of a program capable of combining the sound devices from my headset with the sound card on my motherboard

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds