panda platinum internet security probs

Discussion in 'Software' started by nickson2, Jun 10, 2004.

1. nickson2

nickson2 Master Sergeant

right, ive tried to remove panda from Add/Remove programs, Even from Start > all programs >panda platinum internet security > uninstall and it just wont go, please help

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Panda had an uninstaller for their AV products on their website some time back and now I cannot find it :(

3. nickson2

nickson2 Master Sergeant

if anyone knows where i can download this uninstaller, please tell me, im gettin desperate!
    Thanx

4. nickson2

nickson2 Master Sergeant

this is what i get when i try and uninstall using the uninstall file....and then it goes on to ask something like do i want to give my opinion to panda, then i get the finished dialogue box....but panda just wont leave my screen. HELP please

Attached Files:

5. nickson2

nickson2 Master Sergeant

thanx will i lose anything i put on or did to my system since the date panda was installed....and if so thats why i was avoiding system restore

6. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Yeah, panda Titanium is a lot more stable and less quirkier, but not without its faults.

In regards to system restore:

Any application installed after Panda will cease to function (reinstall them).
    No files will be deleted, no data will be harmed.

System Restore mostly makes registry changes :)

7. alanc

alanc MajorGeek

You don't have any other firewall running do ya?

e.g. the XP ICF...

8. nickson2

nickson2 Master Sergeant

and do i have to go to safe mode to do system restore or can i do it from my start menu?

9. nickson2

nickson2 Master Sergeant

ICF? i dont understand

10. nickson2

nickson2 Master Sergeant

ok, i will reinstall panda over the top of itself and then try uninstall again

11. nickson2

nickson2 Master Sergeant

that wont work now either, error message appears

12. nickson2

nickson2 Master Sergeant

i dont have to go into safe mode for system restore, or am i better off doing so?

13. alanc

alanc MajorGeek

The built-in XP firewall.

14. nickson2

nickson2 Master Sergeant

yes ive got the xp built in firewall and also zone alarm, ive tried system restore( advice from cowboy) in both safe mode and normal, but get the message, "your system cannot be restored" so it looks like its gonna av to be this msconfig thing.

15. alanc

alanc MajorGeek

It's OK to run System Restore in normal mode.

16. nickson2

nickson2 Master Sergeant

yep, but it wont work, tried in normal and safe, not workin in either, i have checked and system restore is turned on

17. alanc

alanc MajorGeek

It would be worth a try to disable Zone Alarm and the XP firewall and see if Panda will uninstall then.

18. nickson2

nickson2 Master Sergeant

ive disabled ZA and get this error when uninstalling

Attached Files:

19. alanc

alanc MajorGeek

Have you tried uninstalling from Safe Mode?

20. nickson2

nickson2 Master Sergeant

BIG THANKS, TO ALANC+, DV8COWBOY AND ADRYNALYN, ive fixed it guys, couldnt av done it without your help and support....
    forever in your debt
    Nicky

21. alanc

alanc MajorGeek

Good job Nicky :)

Now use only one firewall, preferably ZA over the XP ICF.

22. nickson2

nickson2 Master Sergeant

ok alanc+ clearly understood, i only eva used one, first ZA then panda, then went back to ZA with the intention of uninstalling panda and thats wer the probs started.:)
    but ive learned sumthing new again.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds