Installing old games to Dos

Discussion in 'Software' started by HAIR OF RED, Jul 27, 2012.

1. HAIR OF RED

HAIR OF RED Guest

I have an old Compaq Presario desktop running Windows 98. I installed Tex Murphy "Under A Killing Moon" to the C: drive. It installed alright but it has to be played in Dos. Going to the Dos prompt was C:\Windows>. The game will not run with Windows running in the background. How can I get a Dos prompt with out Windows running in the background?

2. HAIR OF RED

HAIR OF RED Guest

Thank you for your advice. Unfortunetly I didn't have much sucess installing D-Fend Reload. There were a lot of error messages upon installation. It must not be compatable with my computer. That is too bad because it would have been good for my older games.

Thanks again for your input.
    Red

3. spinchien

spinchien Guest

4. HAIR OF RED

HAIR OF RED Guest

Is this a free download?

5. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

It looks like donationware - free if you want to, but you can make a donation to help the author.

6. spinchien

spinchien Guest

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds