Anyone used Dupeless 2 to find & compare files?

Discussion in 'Software' started by SuzAuten, Jun 1, 2006.

1. SuzAuten

SuzAuten Private E-2

I've inherited a PC at work which has many duplicate files on it. I was given the name of a utility Dupeless 2 to find & compare the files and their contents. Anyone used it? Or do you know of any other program, shareware or fee, that will do this for me? The machine is a mess haing had 4 different users in less than 2 years. Thanks.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

No sorry not used that application, but have used this one, which will do what EasyCleaner

also this one will help remove alot of temps and junk CCleaner

3. COMPUABLE

COMPUABLE First Sergeant

>> I've inherited a PC at work which has many duplicate files on it. I was given the name of a utility Dupeless 2 to find & compare the files and their contents. Anyone used it? Or do you know of any other program, shareware or fee, that will do this for me? The machine is a mess haing had 4 different users in less than 2 years. Thanks. << SuzAuten

I answered your identical question on another thread here: Re: Used Dupeless 2 to find & compare files?

Good Luck!

4. Toni_1947

Toni_1947 Command Sergeant Major

@ COMPUABLE:
    That post is 4 pages back...perhaps the OP could not readily find it.
    But then the info given by Halo would be lost and it was good info.
    :confused:

5. COMPUABLE

COMPUABLE First Sergeant

>> Error: Double Post - Major Geeks Moderator: Please delete this post. But then the info given by Halo would be lost and it was good info. << Toni_1947

Oh, Toni... sorry about the confusion; I actually meant delete my "second" post in this thread (notice there are two posts by me at "Today 11:18"). For some odd reason when I clicked the "Submit Reply" my original post appeared twice. I erased it and asked the moderator to remove it because it was redundant.

Good Luck!

6. DavidGP

Just a tip, best option is to report a thread or post if anyone wants a dupe or post deleting as their are many posts and threads and the Admin/Mod team may miss it but we do get email alerts to reported posts :)

Sadly didnt go back that far to see yours Compuable otherwise I would ahve deleted this one and added my comment to the other but all is well and the info is all here and their!

7. COMPUABLE

COMPUABLE First Sergeant

>> Just a tip, best option is to report a thread or post if anyone wants a dupe or post deleting as their are many posts and threads and the Admin/Mod team may miss it but we do get email alerts to reported posts <<

Thanks for the tip, Halo! ;)

This is forum has some of the best "oversight" I have ever seen and is very well moderated in my opinion.

I have a question though: Is there a particular 'easy-to-access' button to click to report a thread (alert the Admin/Mod team, I mean)? Or should we contact the Admin/Mod team via a particular e-mail address? I've often wondered about this; especially whenever I see a post asking for pirating tips or kegen serial numbers, etc.

8. Toni_1947

Toni_1947 Command Sergeant Major

...if I may...See the exclamation point on the right? click it to 'report a post' and I believe you can PM Halo or any of the moderators to have them delete your post or even edit it if you like.

:)

9. DavidGP

You can do either....

1. Use the [​IMG] icon by all posts, top right corner ( apart from your own, but if you wish something done with that then just report the original post and explain what you wish doing with yours ) and an email alert will be sent to all Admins and Moderators.

2. You can use the list of Forum Leaders and PM one of us and we can act, but I would use the Report if you dont see one of us online at the time as we are not always online.

The team are from most parts of the world so we do get to the spam and junk quickly, even before you get to see it we have deleted it and the spammers, so its not a worthwile task to spam Majorgeeks.

We digress, so I hope Suzanne gets to test some of the great options out and give us some feedback :)

10. COMPUABLE

COMPUABLE First Sergeant

Thanks Toni and Halo. Good information to know. ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds