Analog (red/white) speakers to laptop headphone jack

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Expectations, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Expectations

Expectations Private E-2

Hi, first post. Hope it's in the right place.

I'm in need of new speakers for my laptop as the old ones have gone kaput. I have a pair or analogue (red&white,+/-) speakers sat in the cupboard. (Technics SB-F950) What is the name of the adapter I would need if I could use these in some way for my laptop? ... or any other 3.5mm jack for that matter.

Regards
    Expectations

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

3. Expectations

Expectations Private E-2

Hey

That's not what mine are like. They are large hifi speakers with the bare red and black wire connection. I was wondering if there was a way of making them compatible with a laptop or computer.

Regards,
    Expectations

4. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

You need an amplifier to power those speakers, plodr was offering a much cheaper alternative to that.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds