Adaware won't open

Discussion in 'Software' started by mark59, Jan 14, 2010.

1. mark59

mark59 MajorGeek

Lavasoft Adaware won't open on my Mum's laptop (Advent 7301, MS Vista). I've removed the programme via Control Panel. I've downloaded the latest free version and installed it. But this did not resolve the issue. The problem is it starts to start up but then also ways gives an error message as per attachment.

Attached Files:

2. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

tru using Revo to uninstall it .. THEN re-install and all should be well again.

I personally wouldn't use adaware anyway, I would rather use the free versions of Malware Bytes and SUPERantispyware.

3. mark59

mark59 MajorGeek

Do you think it's better off not having Adaware then? Quite happy to follow advice. The same laptop does already have Malware Bytes and SUPERantispyware installed anyway.

4. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

it would be my personal preference not to bother with adaware as it is not that useful, the choice is yours ultimately. But I think SAS and MBAM are MUCH better. ;)

5. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

6. mark59

mark59 MajorGeek

thanks dr.moriarty those two applications are also on the machine in question. I had just wondered if anyone knew why there was the problem with Lavasoft. I have it on my pc and it's never given me a problem.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds